Saturday 30 November 2013

Moment #48



My coming-to-an-end post is about my thesis. Thesis is compulsory for every student and it will be graded with an A, B or C. Failing grade means one is not graduating. Alhamdulillah, my batch (as far as I'm concern) everyone passed, and graduated. =)
 
My thesis is on Wakaf dan Sumbangannya Terhadap Pembangunan Islam di Singapura. For what reason do I choose wakaf as my degree research? Firstly, I'm in the Islamic Finance module and it's only right that I choose something that is linked to it. Wakaf do. Secondly and personally, I feel wakaf is unique in a way that the reward is continuous.  Thirdly, it has a deep potential to be expanded and implemented, directly or indirectly.
 
Recently in Singapore, Masjid Khalid has take a leap in the mosque endowment. With collaboration from MUIS and Warees Investment, they had purchased properties and will further developed on it. Can check for more details at Berita Harian dated 30 Nov 2013. 
 
I doubt that Singapore Muslims are fully aware of Wakaf policy. They might even get confused between the differences of wakaf, sadaqah, infaq and zakat. Everyone should play a part to increase Waqaf awareness in Singapore, insha allah.

Let start with our ourselves!
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment