Tuesday 12 November 2013

Moment #45

Simple baju kurung, flowered baju kurung, plain black jubah.

This time it's about baju kurung, baju melayu and jubah.

I'm synonym to jubah. My wardrobe is all jubah except for one - the red checkered baju kurung. So you can expect a various kind of jubahs. But normally (and my preference) would be plain black jubah. I have plenty of that kind so if you see me wearing the 'same' jubah over and over, it's not as what you think it is (heeeh).
 
It's easy to identify a Singaporean in Malaysia. The simple plain jubah and lined-edged tudung resembles most of us. Well, I guess a norm is a norm.
 
Baju kurung and baju melayu are two different things. Baju kurung is for the woman Malay clothings while baju melayu is the men's Malay clothing. I always get confused and hentam je with the terms. Haha.
 
In Malaysia, baju kurung is common. Even non-malays can be seen wearing it. I love seeing non-malays in baju kurung as it resembles a harmonious and multi-cultural environment. On Friday especially, men wearing a complete baju melayu set (with a sarong) is a common sight. I always feel like salute-ing them because it's rare to see men doning baju melayu in Spore except on the first day of Hari Raya.
 
Nevertheless of the various clothing that we don on, in the end it's the taqwa that is important. And verily, the taqwa is in the heart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment